Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Winter

Most people know that I am not a fan of the cold and I tend to stray away from anything that involves me going outside in the winter.  Over the past 6 years, I always went outside at least once a day - if only to go from the car to the office!

This year is so different. 
1.  I have a little baby
2.  I live in a hotel
3.  I currently can't really cook, so no need for grocery shopping
4.  I sometimes have to help with the hotel, so I often keep busy while Charlie is sleeping (AKA - laundry room)
5.  I don't really have anywhere to go in town

I should be embarrassed to say this, but I'm not - one week in January, I didn't go outside for a whole week!  AND - it didn't bother me in the least :)  It was the week the TransCanada closed for two days, so we were full to capacity and I was helping Doug out.  Then we were recovering from the weekend, which meant I was still helping.  By the end of the 7 days, I wasn't doing much, but it was at least -20, so I really didn't want to go outside.

Plus, where was I supposed to go??  That's what I always ask Doug! 

Right before my week of hibernating, Doug and I walked over to Walmart with Charlie and came home with something for him.  I finally put it to good use today - Charlie and I ventured out for a stroll to the grocery store.  Truth be told, it was mostly so I could put the purchase from one month ago to good use!



Isn't he cute?!  It's a little big, but he'll grow into it over the next few months.  And the snowsuit is the first Winnie the Pooh thing I have bought.  It was on sale for $15, so I figured we would go gender neutral just in case a future brother or sister can make use of it in the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment