Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Firsts (alternatively, Hands)

During my first year of working for an MP, I found that I was constantly learning new things.  Firsts - they were almost a daily occurrence.  Even once a year had passed, I still found myself coming across new issues or tasks that I had never done.

I'm quickly realizing that babies are no exception - in fact, their life is all about firsts.  First smile, first roll-over, first tooth, first time sitting up...... I could go on and on.  When Charlie first came home from the hospital, my dad would often say - little boy, you have so much to learn.  Isn't that the truth!

Charlie is becoming increasingly aware of his surroundings.  It really is amazing seeing him learn everyday.  This morning he was looking at his fingers and hands - moving them so they would touch each other.  He has been aware of his hands for quite a while now, but I've never seen him play with his fingers and intentionally change the position of his hands.  It is almost like a light bulb when off in his head!

Speaking of hands :)



1 comment:

  1. Love the last pic, he is soo cute. Love reading the blog, keep it up.
    Sending you our love. Cath & Dan xxx

    ReplyDelete