Monday, February 14, 2011

Bad Combo

Today was Charlies second round of vaccinations.  I haven't been looking forward to them, as the last time he was poked, he got a "bump" on the top of his forehead.  What it is, we aren't quite sure.....we're headed to a pediatric surgeon in early March for a diagnosis.  Anyway - lets just say I was praying the same thing didn't happen again today.

Doug comes with me so I got to watch Charlies reaction - he was oblivious, then he realized he was in pain, and then he realized he could cry about it.  He almost stopped crying, and then he got the second shot, and then the third.  He doesn't cry hard, he just wasn't happy.  We felt bad for our little boy.

On top of his needles, he is still teething and I'm pretty sure his second bottom tooth will fully poke through very soon.  So - teething and needles - a very bad combination for Valentine's Day.  I gave him some baby tylenol and got him settled to sleep fairly easily once we got back to our room, but his pain sure hits his momma hard.

No celebrating Valentine's Day for Doug and I.  We will be nursing our little Charlie back to good health and catching up on book work!

Oh - and so far so good.  There isn't any sign of a second bump on Charlie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment