Friday, December 12, 2014

Charlie is 4 - again!

When Moe got his picture taken, Charlie wanted in on the action.......  What is funny is that once it came down to it, he didn't want to smile for the camera.  Instead, he erased the '4' off of the chalk board - such a little boy!

Charlie is definitely growing into a boy!  He loves to tackle, race, and be silly.  When he is in the mood, he entertains himself great with his different toys.  And the best part is his imagination.  He will take something and pretend it is something else so that he can pretend to be someone or do something.  And man, he can throw a football - I showed him how to hold the ball correctly and he threw me a spiral. I was shocked :)

On a side note....  A year ago I was very ready for preschool to start.  I enjoyed my time with Moe during those two mornings each week and it gave us our first time just to hang out the two of us.  Now that we have moved and are waitlisted for a preschool, I find that I am really cherishing this last winter before kindergarten starts.  Now we all have our moments......but I'm enjoying having both of them at home and finding things to do.....whether it is swimming, reading, watching a show, going to the park,  or doing short trips somewhere, they are both at an age where I know what to expect and there usually aren't any huge negative reactions :). 

Now I'm not sure we'll even put Charlie in preschool if a spot becomes open - this is our last winter/spring where we have the freedom to travel, etc., and since Charlie is doing much better in kid group settings (kids church, playrooms, etc), I'm not as worried about his social interaction as I was even a few months ago.

I realized on the way to church a few days ago that by this time next year, Charlie will be in half day kindergarten and Moe will be in preschool.  AND then I realized that I would have a few mornings a week kids-free......and all I thought was "Already?"  Children grow up so fast - we tell each other that all the time, but it is so true.

Then I thought - time to have another one.  INSERT - Grandma M having a heart attack!!!! :)  HA!

END OF STORY - Don't worry Mom!









No comments:

Post a Comment