Friday, December 5, 2014

2 years old!

I am sad to say that I didn't get any pictures from our small birthday celebration for Moe!  So my sister suggested I take some 2 year old pictures instead.....Great idea.

Moe's birthday weekend fell right when I didn't know if we would be home or not, so I didn't want to plan something without knowing for sure what we were doing.....which is, the current story of my life. 

So one night my mom brought over cupcakes and we sang happy birthday.  He was timid but I could tell he was happy.  The video we have is soooo cute.  Then my sister was over the next day - his actual birthday - so we sang again.  This time he was clapping and cheering as we sang.  ADORABLE.  And both times he blew out the candles on the first try.....good job buddy.

Now for his update!  For the past few months, he has been pushing out his 2 year old molars, which I'm happy to say have now come through.  His sleeping pattern wasn't great these past few months - so I have had many nights where I've had to get him when I've been solo parenting.  I know - poor me - but when you're used to sharing the responsibility, it makes a difference.  Plus he is a great sleeper, so to get up makes it even harder :):):)  And to make it worse, he throws his stuff out of his crib.....and cries for me to "nuggle n chair" - snuggle in the chair.  Broke my heart a few nights ago.  So I did get get him.....once.  I'm sure he will settle back down now and go back to sleeping through the night.....  Time to rock the boat again and get him in his own big boy bed!

He is starting to talk more and say cute things.  He will tell us how old he is, Charlie is, Daddy is and then he'll say that Grandpa is 'Old'.....my sister taught him that!!!  He is at the stage where he is repeating everything and putting words together.

And he conquered his fear of the slide.  We have been frequenting a rec centre in Edmonton and they have a great slide.  Charlie loved it, but Moe was hesitant.  It took a few days and then suddenly one time down the slide, he decided that it really was fun!  We went down the slide at least 20 times one day, and I counted the stairs up - 46.  Decent exercise :).

Oh and he loves Frozen.  It is the only thing he will watch in its entirety.  He won't watch a whole tv show or a different movie.  But he will watch Frozen :).  Love that movie!!!!

I think that is about it!  Moe loves his brother and loves to copy and play with him.  They are playing better together or at least around each other.  They like to chase one another and Charlie loves to tackle - however I limit that as Moe isn't quite as tough as Charlie!!!!

Love you Moe - happy second birthday!!!!  We are going to have a great year!








No comments:

Post a Comment