Thursday, October 4, 2012

Charlie's 2nd Birthday

Where has the time gone???  Yikes - I now have a toddler in the house and sometimes I can really tell a difference!  BUT - lets talk about the party.  Charlie has been loving fire trucks, so I decided to go with a fire truck theme.  The fire station here was sooooo great and said yes to letting the group of kids come down to the station and basically do whatever they wanted.  SOOOOO GREAT!

Then we came back to the house, played outside, had snacks, and ate cake.  Charlie was a little distracted to pay much attention to opening presents, but I've been told that will change by next year!  I bought all the children firemen hats, so they wore them for most of the afternoon.  Charlie even had a fireman jacket from Grandpa and Grandma S., so you will also see him sporting that in some pictures.

We had a great afternoon celebrating with friends and family.  I loved that the weather was once again warm enough to play outside - it saved my house a little!!!!

Here are some pictures - cause I know that is what most of you want to see!!!!

Oh and if you are paying attention, you'll notice a sore on the left side of his nose.  He did a face plant while skipping down the side walk his actual birth day and got his first taste of what road rash feels like.  However, his crying lasted 30 seconds, and at the time, it didn't look like he got much damage.  Two days later tells a different story with a full blown scab on his nose for his birthday party.  So - I edited some pictures and left others.....It isn't always easy editing those kinds of problems out (especially on the edge of a nose!)

Driving the fire truck


Loving every moment - maybe just not showing it!



Finally a smile!

Cupcakes courtesy of Auntie Pookie

Couldn't resist one of Charlie's favorite snacks!




He enjoyed being sang to.....I prepped him for more than a week, so he was looking forward to it!

And he wanted to blow out his candles, although I think the wind did it instead


No comments:

Post a Comment