Friday, August 9, 2013

Vacation without Daddy :(

 Back at the beginning of July, the three of us, along with my parents and sister, headed down to Idaho for what used to be a yearly summer vacation.  I had been pushing to go down because it brings back lots of memories, we needed some fun, and Daddy was going to be at the hotel all the time, so there wasn't much point of us being at home!

So we all headed down, and with the exception of one day, had a fairly successful, and happy week of sun, swimming, and playing.  We did try to go shopping one day, but that was an epic failure.  Charlie wasn't wanting to sit still, and both Moe and Charlie did not nap in the afternoon.  By dinnertime, they were done, and in an effort to let the rest of my family enjoy their dinner, I took the boys to the car.....never done that one before :).  However, everyone hurried to eat their dinner, and on the drive home, I ate my dinner in peace - and probably enjoyed it more than they did!  Hahahaha!  Next time I think we'll leave the boys at home so I can get some real shopping done!

My sister and I enjoyed playing tennis - a sport I never picked up on until university.  I hadn't played for 5 years, and was rusty, but it is definitely a sport I enjoy.

Charlie was very excited to go shishing - fishing - we went and picked out a fishing rod with him, and put a weight on the end of the string so he thought he was fishing (that way we didn't have to get a license!!!).  Well - the fishing expedition lasted for 5 minutes.  He wanted to imitate fishing, but after a few tries, was tired of it.  I actually think he was scared of the boats coming in, but he didn't mention anything about the boats until later.  So shishing only happened once :).

Here's to one good vacation - hey Grandpa, will you take us next year??!!!! :)  Maybe on a different week so Daddy can come too?












No comments:

Post a Comment