Saturday, January 28, 2012

Reading with Grandpa

Charlie LOVES to read - and I think loves is an understatement.  We have tons of books - thanks to Grandma S....Have I mentioned she is a retired school teacher??? :)

We usually read in the morning right after Charlie gets up, before nap and bed time, plus at least a couple more times inbetween.  Grandpa M was the lucky one who got to read with Charlie while I captured the moment.  Yes - Charlie looks a little bored but truth be told, Grandpa isn't the most captivating reader in the family!

They were reading Dr. Suess's, EYE BOOK.  This is one of Charlie's favorites.  When we get to the word, 'clock', Charlie always beats me at saying the word - and he usually breaks out into a big grin.  He points at different pictures and says ruff, ruff, ruff, when we get to the dog.  He'll probably have the book memorized by the time he is two :)

Grandpa - you have to read with gusto!

Seriously Grandpa - I love this book, but you're making me sleepy!

No comments:

Post a Comment