Monday, January 23, 2012

Journal Post

This post is totally for my own memory!!  No pictures, just things I don't want to forget!!!  I guess I could record it somewhere else, but this blog has become a type of diary for me.  It has captured our important memories over the past year, so why not take a couple of posts once a while just to write down things I know I'll forget if I don't record it!

Charlie is teething again!!!  He got his first canine tooth???  The first pokey one!!!!  It popped up about a week and a half ago, a few days after his last 12 month shot.  Seriously, what is with Charlie, vaccinations, and teething.  This has happened at least one more time that I can remember.....

Speaking of vaccinations, when Charlie went for his MMR one (I decided to delay it a month after the rest of his 12 month vac....which I also delayed for a few months), Charlie made more of a commotion having to leave his new found toys than he did about his vaccination.  He did get a slight rash from it - almost two weeks after.  Good thing they warned me that this could happen!

Charlie's hair is finally starting to grow in!  We think it looks thick, but we know compared to other children his age, he still has a way to go!!!!

Charlie's vocabulary is growing everyday.  He says: Moo for cow, Ruff for dog, cockodoodoo for rooster, quack for duck, and meow for cat.  I'm working on Baa for sheep - but that one is tougher.

He is saying "more", but not more please ;)  He has added car to his truck.  He recognizes and says Pea's - the food and nana for banana.....  He tries to say potato for Mr. Potato head, but isn't quite there yet.  He can say brush for brush your teeth and go go go when he wants to go downstairs.  He said rock this morning and lock ( in a different context).

He points to lots of things - orange, pasta, peach, ice cream cone, teddy bear, couch, kitten, horse, dog, duck, boots, ball, tomato.  This is just the start...I could go on and on...

Charlie - we love you so much!  Keep on talking and surprising Mom and dad with your new words!

Oh - and how could I forget - you finally say MOMMA!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment