Thursday, December 1, 2011

Busiest travel day of the year - no problem!

The seven of us headed to the Dulles airport at 1pm on Wednesday - supposedly the busiest travel day of the year.....What we encountered was NOTHING!!!!  Mind you, we never had any weather issues or traffic jams along the way, but I was expecting much worse at the airport. 

We flew Southwest - there was no line-up at check-in and barely much of a line at security.  So we had a relaxed lunch and headed to the gate to check in.  We got great seats and Charlie slept for the first hour sleeping on Auntie Pookie!  Once we arrived in Denver, we picked up our luggage, put it all in the box of the truck and headed for Auntie Crystals!

Even though it was Charlie's bedtime, he hadn't fallen asleep yet, so we decided to make a quick stop for dinner.  Dad suggested Chick-fil-A - and I automatically said YES!  I have read about Chick-fil-A on other blogs I read and thought we should try it.  Funny thing is that I never knew how to say Chick-fil-A.....for  non-Americans, it is pronounced Chick filet, but I thought it was chick fil aaaaahhhhh.  HAHAHAHAHA!!!!  I kept laughing at myself for not knowing how to pronounce the name :)

Sooooo - here is a picture of Charlie and I at Chick-Fil-A!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment