Monday, September 7, 2015

Combining into the sunset

After Charlie's first day of school, I loaded the boys up and took them to the farm for some combining.....Little did I know how much combining we would get in!  The kids got on the combine at 2:30 - one with Grandpa and the other with Uncle.....and they didn't want to get off.  We went in for a quick dinner and then headed back out for the rest of the night.  We didn't roll back into the yard until after 10pm.  I was shocked!  They had both napped - one on the drive down and one in the combine, so I knew they could last for a while, but I wasn't expecting them to last so long.

Then the next day, they were begging to get out there again and were impatient waiting in the house while everything got going out in the field.  Once they got out there, they didn't get off until a field was finished and the rain started.  Perfect timing.

On the other hand, I got my exercise trying to get some sunset pictures.  I walked 1.5 miles in my rubber boots.....forgetting about the mice and other living animals in the field! :)  I saw and heard a couple mice and a few times I was hoping the creatures living in their large holes would stay hidden.  The combines were in front of me and I had left my phone with Grandpa......So I kept walking and saw a pretty sunset and got some exercise.

Here are some pics.....






















No comments:

Post a Comment