Tuesday, September 1, 2015

1st Day of Kindergarten

Where do I even begin?  My facebook feed has been fed by numerous "first day of school" pictures and my little buddy/baby, is joining the club and heading to school.  Like most first time parents, I'm thinking the usual, "Where did the time go?", "I remember when he was born," and "I can't believe he is almost 5."

I've been thinking about this week all summer long - partly because we have been enjoying the slow mornings for way too long......Not having to get up early or get going.  I have been telling Doug over and over again that we need to start getting up early, and we never did.  Only good part is that I am pretty good at getting up early when I have to, just not when I don't!!!

I have also said to Doug this past week, "Can you believe it?"  I really can't.  Two years ago when I had a baby and a 3 year old who required a lot of my attention, I was ready for preschool to begin and get a little break.  But this past year has been really fun.  Don't get me wrong, it hasn't been without its rough patches - poor sleeping habits, whining, and tantrums, but I have loved watching him grow up and become a boy.  We got to do A LOT of fun things together with his little brother and often with Dad too.  I've been telling myself that life is going way too fast.....faster than it is supposed to go.

I often tell Charlie (& Moe too), that I am so proud of them.  Through the highs and lows, I am so proud to be their mom and so thankful God gave me these two precious lives to protect and raise.

Now that we met the teacher and saw the classroom today, I get to put him on the school bus for the first time on Thursday and let him go :).  He's been waiting over 2 years to take the bus and told me that he doesn't need to be brave, because taking the bus is fun!  We've been praying that when he goes to take that first step, that he is courageous to step out on his own and take the bus!!!!

And for a few stories about these pictures.....Charlie didn't want to take any pictures with Moe, so I had to sneak him in :).  AND - Moe isn't allowed to go to preschool until his actual third birthday, so we have to wait for a few more months.  But he is also so excited to go!!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment