Monday, January 6, 2014

Moe Update

I have been meaning to share that Moe has popped out his bottom molars a few weeks ago and is currently working on one of his top ones.....it is just showing!  He has been a teething champ - for the most part - just like his brother. 

My only problem with Moe is that he has eczema around his mouth - has had for the past few months.  I thought it was maybe a food allergy, but I eliminated that from his diet and it didn't get better.  Then I started looking back at pictures, and realized that he didn't have this issue back at Thanksgiving - and he had been eating everything then.  So I wonder if it is a result of his teething?  I'm hoping it is because his redness has flared up again and some natural soap and lotion does not do the trick :(.  It makes me sad as I edit all of his up close and personal pictures, because his mouth is so red.  He doesn't seem bothered by it, so that makes me a little less worried, but I would really like to figure out what is causing it.

He still isn't walking.....but is definitely getting closer each day.  His milestone at Christmas was pushing himself into a standing position and holding it....it was so cute to see.  He realized that he had all of our attention when he stood up, so he would do it whenever we asked.  And when we clapped for him, he joyously clapped along!  He did take a few steps in between Christmas and New Years, but we haven't seen much more of that.

And he is jabbering away.  He LOVES to make noises - he'll imitate any noise that we make.  And when Daddy came through the door a few days ago, he immediately headed for the door and yelled, "DAD." 

Oh, and he has finally made the connection that he has to turn around and slide DOWN the stairs.  He turned himself around while we were at my parent's house at Christmas - and I was shocked.  I've been telling him to turn around for quite some time, but he wasn't getting it.  One day, without me even telling him to, he turned around and started pushing himself backward!  Major victory - as we don't use a gate at the stairs!

That's my Moe update - he is a cutie and my sweet boy!  He is rocking the mohawk - we just cut both Moe's and Charlie's hair a few days ago.  You will probably notice in a few posts in the future because their hair was so long!


These pictures were taken on Christmas Day - it was warm enough to be outside for a few minutes with hats and gloves, but not not without jackets.....They had on cute shirts underneath :(.  Anyway - here is Moe walking and 'standing.'















No comments:

Post a Comment