Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Charlie's New Year Update

Charlie is definitely a character when he wants to be!  He likes to pour on the whine, but he also knows how to get us laughing.  And he is definitely learning how to be a loving big brother.

I have noticed that the toy possessiveness has gone way down compared to a few months ago.  He still has a little ways to go, but he definitely has come leaps and bounds in sharing toys with Moe.  Auntie Pookie also pointed out that he doesn't say "no" to everything anymore.  I didn't notice this one, but it is definitely true.  Phases people, phases.

And he loves to yell with Moe and get them both laughing while they try to out yell the other.  They are definitely communicating more and I think Charlie is realizing that Moe is actually going to be a lot of fun once he starts walking and talking.

Charlie also loves to say the opposite of what his Mom and Dad say.  Doug had to point this out to me, and we tested it while we were in the car.  I would say, "I am having so much fun," and Charlie would respond,  "You are going to have a bad time."  Auntie Pookie would also say this is a milestone (I'm assuming).  He has also brought in the word 'me' lately - and I'm trying not to react as I know it is also a phase.  Me trying not to worry!

Charlie also loves to be really sweet in the morning or evening.  He likes to come in to our bed in the morning and tell us things innocently like, "I like to pick my nose in my bed."  Gross!  He'll also say things that have been going on.....things like, "did Santa come down Grandma and Grandpa's chimney?", "I like sleeping in Grandpa's office."  He likes to ask inquisitive questions in the early morning when my brain isn't functioning properly yet!

Oh and he was riding and feeding the horses over Christmas  Auntie Crystal and Grandpa took him down a few times and Charlie rode and even fed the horses.  GASP!  I DON'T really do horses - and definitely have never fed them, so I was shocked to hear that Charlie willingly let Berkeley eat carrots and apples from his hand!  SHOCKED! :)

Finally - Charlie has entered a phase of liking crafts.  However, he isn't satisfied to sit down a colour - no, he wants real crafts.....and this non-crafty mom is suffering a bit.  I did have a few cute ones for Christmas, but I am going to get back on pinterest and look up some easy and fun crafts for Charlie.  My issue with him is he usually wants me beside him, which isn't working great with Moe....who wants to touch and eat everything in front of him! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment