Thursday, March 21, 2013

Sickness.....and other things

Life in our house this week has been nothing but sickness :(  Unfortunately, we were all sick.  Thankfully, Doug was sick first with a bad cough and congestion, Charlie followed, and Moe and I are bringing up the rear.  Our house is usually very healthy, but Charlie and Daddy have had a few colds and a stomach bug this past winter.  Thankfully, I avoided all sickness and so had Moe......but not this time.

Charlie didn't have a cold at all during his first year, but Moe was not so lucky.  He is pulling through like a real trooper, but I do feel sorry for him when I hear his cough - breaks my heart hearing a congested cough come from such a little boy :(.  And Charlie was pulling on my heartstrings too - just a little older so I thought his body could be a little tougher :).  We had a few sleepless nights - Doug in Charlie's bed and me looking after Moe and a few times Charlie.  We usually take one child per parent!!!!! 

Anyway - that's the end of my sob story :)  I do have pictures coming really soon - because we also had a few milestones!  Moe is rolling :)  Yes, I know I just said he wasn't, but today he went from belly to back multiple times :)  No more tummy time for him, he can just roll out of it!  And he put Sophie the Giraffe in his mouth!  Moe likes to have toys in his hands way more than Charlie did, so I find I always have to have something to give him!  Pretty cute!

And I couldn't help but reminisce on my life!!!  Hahahaha - I can just see Doug rolling his eyes!!!  10 years ago I was interning on Parliament Hill and was watching firsthand the budget come down.  I stood along the wall while watching the crazy media storm that occurs right outside of the Chamber.  Fast forward 10 years, and I am doing very good just to have the tv on and catch the budget on the news....sadly,  I'm not even listening to it.  Oh dear, how my life has changed.  I never imagined that I would have the privilege of working on the Hill for 6+ years, and yet life can change so drastically that I barely have time to keep current with politics.  It has been a crazy 10 years! 

No comments:

Post a Comment