Wednesday, November 21, 2012

This and that....

Things have been a little scattered around our house the past few days.  Charlie came down with a bug (not sure where he got it), and for the first time in just over two years, was sick.  Thank goodness he was sick on Sunday, so Daddy was home to help and basically look after Charlie.  We were each responsible for one child!  Having a sick child is one of those things I have dreaded as a parent...and Doug would say I have a few things to learn!

Because of his sickness, Charlie has been watching a lot of Cat in the Hat and Caillou.  These are his favorite tv shows, although Barney and VeggieTales still make his list.  I feel kind of bad that I have been allowing so much tv time, but between a new baby and a sick 2 year old, I figure a few days of tv aren't going to hurt us!

Speaking of Moe, he has been a little cranky these past few days.  So much so that I pulled out the soothers.  And you wouldn't believe what happened - he took it and sucked away happily (with a little help and encouragement of course).  Charlie never took a soother, but we probably waited too long to give one to him.  I'm not the biggest fan of soothers - but when Moe is crying and can't be consoled, and Charlie is telling me to hold Moe so that he will stop crying, a soother it is!

A few updates on Charlie.  He is now distinguishing between most colours.  For the longest time we heard that everything was either blue or green.  Now he is telling us blue, green, pink, and a few more.  As well, he has been saying some funny things lately.  His latest is, "I think that is a GREAT idea".  I say this all the time, so he did get it from me - but he says it with a lot more enthusiasm than I do!  He'll also say the opposite, "I don't think that is a good idea."  Hahahaha! 

Charlie is in love with tractors, diggers, and any other construction vehicle.  He has been seeing diggers, lifters, and tractors at the hotel.  He LOVES to go and see what he can see!  During some walks, we have gone by a construction site and seen a crane and cement truck. So we watch them work - good entertainment! 

There's my update!  There is never a dull moment, but being a mom to two is going fairly smoothly!  They have both been napping at the same time (for at least an hour), so that helps immensely.  I even managed to get some book work done yesterday.  Who would have thought!  And despite my lack of sleep, I still manage well during the day.  It is amazing how well a body can adjust and rise to the challenge of the needs of a newborn.


No comments:

Post a Comment