Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Life as a family of 4

I still can't believe it when I hear it.....we are a family of 4!!!  Our sweet and tiny little Moe has settled down quite nicely into our home.  We had lots of help last week and have more this week, but I have been alone with my two boys a little bit - this past Monday being the first full day as a mommy on my own.

I have to give some background before I tell the story!  Charlie did not like Moe's crying during our first few days at home.  We had two kids crying and it wasn't very fun :(  But since then, Charlie has gotten much better with being a big brother.  He held Moe this weekend and has started to give more kisses and even tickled his feet today.  BUT - the story below is before Charlie really started to get better around his baby brother :)

I was flying solo on Friday night with the dinner and bedtime routine.  Moe slept right through dinner (which he has been doing), but unfortunately, woke during Charlie's bath time.  Needless to say, we cut bath time short :).  We proceeded to Charlie's room where I quickly put on his diaper and pj's, before settling down to feed Moe and read to Charlie.

Charlie was a bit skeptical - Moe's feet kept on touching him while he sat beside me - so there was a lot of moving and shifting going on!  But we made it through the books and even our singing time (which just isn't the same when Charlie had to sit beside me!).  Charlie even got into bed fairly well and Moe and I left him in his room to fall asleep.

Well - 2 minutes later, Charlie was crying hard (which he very rarely does), and Moe had settled, so upstairs I went to console Charlie.  He was asking for one more song, so I obliged.  However, halfway through the song, Moe started to cry and by the end of the song, was crying quite hard.  I knew Charlie wouldn't want to go to bed hearing his brother cry and sure enough, when I said "good night", Charlie started crying again :(.  So I did something I have never done before.  I asked Charlie if he wanted to watch Cat in the Hat - and sure enough, he did!  So downstairs we came to watch a little tv while I gave Moe some more food ;)  After that Moe settled quite well and Charlie went to bed, but what a gong show.

And yes, from the picture below you will see that Moe has A LOT more hair than Charlie did.  Doug and I were shocked to hear that he had lots of hair and that it was long.....compared to Charlie at least.  But I love his hair so much!!!!

See my mohawk? :)

1 comment:

  1. He is absolutely stunning! A big congratulations to you and your family, from ours. What a beautiful new adventure!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete