Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Treats

Charlie has been a very good eater once I realized that he didn't really want to eat mushy food - he wanted to chew and feed himself!!!  Because he is usually willing to eat whatever we give him, I have been more relaxed than I thought I would be when giving him sweets.  He starts with eating what I want him to eat - and I never show him what he might get b/c he is way too smart and won't eat what I give him if he sees something better!

So once he is done eating his main meal, I usually finish with something sweet.  It is often fruit, raisins, etc., and sometimes it is dessert - rice crispy squares, cookie, etc.  Well, we were at my parent's house last week and my mom got out a pumpkin pie - YUM.  Once she was done whipping the cream, she gave Charlie a beater.  He didn't really know what to do with it and only kept it for a minute or two, but Doug took a picture with him iphone (4 not 4S - which obviously doesn't take as good of pictures!), and I thought it was really funny!


Even though he didn't even suck on it, he has the look of "don't touch my beater - its mine!"  And if you look really close, you'll see evidence of dinner on his cheeks!

Oh - and in case you were wondering, he weighs 22 pounds :)  I thought he may weigh more than that, but I think since he is walking now, he is burning more calories.  From 7 months to now, he has really thinned out and not grown too much.  We've only just put him in 12 month jeans and shirts.....he had been wearing the same clothes all spring and summer and just into the fall.  So nice to get some good wear out of his clothes.  The first six months he went through newborn, 0-3, 3-6, 6-9, and was wearing 9-12 month clothes.

And yes, he still has some cute pudge around his legs, fingers/arms, and cheeks.  He may be thinner, but he definitely still has some cute baby chub!

No comments:

Post a Comment