Monday, July 18, 2011

Toronto!!!

Hi Everyone - I wrote this quite a while ago, but for some reason it didn't post!!!!  Working on more from our recent adventures!

Doug had a work trip to Toronto, so Charlie and I packed a bag as well and joined him for a trip to the big city.  As you know, this was Charlie's first flight, so leading up to the day, I was a little nervous about how he would react, BUT, I decided not to worry too much as there wasn't much I could really do!!!

I did, however, come up with a game plan.  I picked seats in the back of the plane (normally I always get the exit row or the front!), we requested that the seat beside us stay empty (the plane wasn't full), and I brought lots of books, toys, and snacks!  Charlie was tired, but didn't end up sleeping much.  Overall, he did great - and even better on the way home.  He doesn't have a security item like a blanket or toy, but I did bring his blanket on the flight which helped with peek-a-boo, and just a little more warmth when he slept.

I have to say that flying with a child is a lot more work :)  No tv watching or sleeping for me.....even Daddy didn't get to snooze like he normally does on EVERY SINGLE FLIGHT.

We had a great time away - here's a few pictures of our travels!

Momma - where are we going??

To Toronto to visit friends while Daddy works?  I'm excited!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment