Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Alaska - RV style

So our never been camping family decided the best way to see alaska was by RV.  So we rented an 8 person RV for 8 people and survived to tell about it.  Actually, considering there was a fire ban, and rain half the time, we did well 'camping'.  The boys slept great, actually I think everyone slept pretty good!  And it was a great way to get around....  Best value for dollar :).

Oh and we saw Mt McKinley!  The clouds had cleared one night, so my Dad and Doug went to check things out at 10pm.....At 10:30, we got the call to bring my camera and come check it out....so out walked my sister and me the 20 minutes to town and beach :).  We were super fortunate to see it - even if it was partially covered by cloud.  People we talked to on the beach had been up to Alaska 4 times, and that night was the first they had seen it.  Then on our plane ride home, I was talking to a lady next to me who had been up there a good week earlier, and the smoke had been so thick that they couldn't see Mt McKinley.  So at 10:45pm, I was snapping pictures.  Crazy.














No comments:

Post a Comment