Sunday, May 25, 2014

Soccer 'Class'

We enrolled Charlie in soccer for May and June....before we had our first experience in swimming lessons.  Needless to say, I was a little concerned that Charlie may react the same way he did at swimming.  And soccer costs 3 or 4 times more, so I really didn't want my money wasted :)

I am happy to report Charlie has done much better at soccer!  The weather during the first day of soccer was probably hovering around 0 degrees, but with the wind, it was freezing.  I couldn't believe I was about to take Charlie and Moe out into the weather for SOCCER!  We went and Charlie did well with some encouragement.  However, he did have some meltdowns over not being able to be the goalie.  He obviously didn't realize that he wouldn't get to be the goalie the whole time like he thought, but when he did, he was great!!!! 

We missed one week and went again last week.  This time it was much warmer, and I had better prepared Charlie about having to take turns.  In the end, he wasn't the goalie, but he now wasn't happy that he couldn't get the ball - from his own teammates.  Imagine 5 kids from the same team running altogether after one ball - I would be a little frustrated too :).  By the end of the game, he was scoring goals as most of the other kids had lost interest!!!! :)  He is definitely enjoying soccer class, as he calls it, so I am glad we pursued this sporting option. 

Here are some pics from the first cold day.  My children were a little under dressed - Charlie refused to wear a warmer jacket, and I honestly hadn't thought about gloves.  Good thing Charlie didn't want his jacket, cause his little brother looked pretty cute!!!!













No comments:

Post a Comment