Saturday, March 15, 2014

No more pull-ups!

Charlie's most recent milestone has been not needing his pull-ups at bedtime!!!  He has been dry for over two months now - I am still surprised with how well this has gone, as I was expecting him to need pull-ups for quite a while.  But he must have a super bladder because he will go 12+ hours and still be dry.  AND we don't cut off the water.....he has some at his bed and he often drinks after play time with Daddy which happens right before bed.  So needless to say, I am super impressed.  And a few nights ago, I suggested that Charlie go without the pull-up and he didn't even question it.  So - one child down, another one to go!!

Charlie has also been enthralled with sports lately - mostly basketball and hockey as we have those nets set up in our basement.  Grandma was keeping count the other day and he made 48 out of 67 baskets - IN A ROW.  I heard her counting downstairs and couldn't believe it!  Then he stopped - I'm guessing he was tired!!!!  And with hockey he likes to play keep away, and Daddy has been working on his slap shots and wrist shots. 

Charlie is also picking his clothes and dressing himself.  He has been putting his clothes on without help for a while now, but now he is picking out his clothes - and he tends to want to wear the same thing again and again.  Thank goodness he moves on quickly when they are in the laundry basket!  

Charlie is also into pretend play - just a few stories.  He likes to play coffee maker in the bath and will say, "Here is your chai latte, no water, no foam" - and the proceeds to say "See you at the window".  So - its pretty obvious Charlie has my Starbucks order down pat!!!!  And then another day he was being a cashier at the grocery store and I was buying the groceries.  He kept asking me, "do you want bags" - and I could not figure out what he meant.  Then I realized that he was asking me if I needed bags for my groceries.  I said "no -  I brought them with me"!!!!

And finally - he was pretending to be his preschool teacher.  He honestly probably repeated exactly what she had said that morning in class.  Grandma and I sat at the table just listening to him sitting on the couch pretending to be her.  It was priceless!!!!  BECAUSE - Charlie rarely talks at preschool.  His teachers have realized if they play sports or farm stuff with him, he will open up, but he is still pretty shy and quiet at circle time. 

That's my update on Charlie - so many precious memories I want to write down so I don't forget them!  Charlie now likes to make faces - who taught him that??  But here are a few nice ones!  And he wanted me to take a picture of his new shirt at the bottom!





No comments:

Post a Comment