Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Be careful what you say....

Charlie is talking up a storm and now starting to talk in sentences.  Its adorable.  Over the past few weeks, he has been saying things like:
Mommy, get it out
Mommy, put it down.
Mommy (or) Daddy, wake up!
Daddy sit here

The best ones are from songs we sing while reading books.  Last week as I was driving home from my parents house, Charlie said "hush a bye, don't you cry.  Go to sleep little baby" - OUT OF THE BLUE.  I didn't say anything because I was in shock, and then he said it again.  And now over the past week he's been saying it more.

He can also share lines in Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - I'll say one line and he'll say the other.  And can mumble the abc song with us too.  Yesterday we were grocery shopping and he started saying "rattle boom bang.  Gonna make my noise all day."  At first I couldn't understand what he was saying, cause it is kinda hard to say, but then I realized he was talking out the lines in one of Robert Munsch's book.

Charlie has also been having fun at the hotel lately.  He LOVES the laundry room and is proud to say that he helps all the time.  He'll also tell me if a machine is 'broke.'  Lately, he's been going up to some rooms with our head housekeeper and 'help' her strip the rooms.  She'll knock on the door and he'll say "HOUSEKEEPING'.  I haven't seen it, but I"m guessing its adorable.  Once inside the room, he'll go to the mini-fridge, open it and say that he is cooking noodles.  Once they have enough laundry to send downstairs, they open the shoot (hole that all the laundry falls down), Charlie yells for Grandpa, and then sends it down.

So needless to say, at 21 months, I have a good communicator on my hands - which I am very thankful for considering baby #2 will be making his/her appearance in a few months!

Oh and one other thing - he loves the Dr. Seuss book - Cat in the Hat.  Have you read it?  61 pages long and he will sit and listen to the WHOLE thing and has been doing so for probably a month now.  And what tops the cake - he says "AGAIN" when it is over.  I have always said "no."

Thanks for reading today - total brag session, but mostly for my own memories.  These are the kinds of things I don't want to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment